Summer Storytelling Tours
Booking a Summer Storytelling Tour
- Tours are available June through August.
- Tours are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Tours start at either 10:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. (or an approved alternate time) and will last 45-60 minutes.
- Tour pricing is $5 per child with one free leader or chaperone required for every 10 children. Additional leaders and chaperones are $5 each.
- A $50 deposit is required to secure your tour date(s).
- Please submit the Date Request Form at least 30 days in advance of your desired tour date; dates are limited and fill quickly.
- Depending on the size of groups, multiple dates may be required.
Summer Storytelling Tour FAQs
Do you have materials to help me prepare my students for our visit?
Before you visit, please review with students the following museum etiquette:
- Please do not touch the works of art in the galleries as it can damage them.
- Always use walking feet.
- Inside voices (voice level 2) will make sure all visitors to the Museum have a good visit.
- No food, drink, or candy is allowed in the galleries, but can be checked in with a staff member if brought into the Museum.
- Always listen and follow directions from your teacher and Museum guide.
What if the date, time, or number of children on my contract is wrong?
Please email email@example.com or call 904.355.0630 immediately if anything on your contract is incorrect. Please let us know if the number of children booked drops from your original number at any time.
What time is my tour and what time should I arrive at the Museum?
Tours are scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. (or an approved alternate time) and will last 45-60 minutes. We advise that groups arrive 15 minutes before tours are scheduled to begin. Unfortunately if your group arrives late, we may need to shorten your tour to fit within the time allotted.
Where do I unload my children and where do I park?
Buses, vans, and cars can drop children off at the north end of the Museum at the Education Entrance under the grey awning. A member of our staff will meet you at the Education Entrance and will assist you with parking.
Will I need to divide my class or group?
Splitting or shifting may be required to maximize your tour experience and to accommodate our smaller spaces. We typically include an average of 20 children per group but can reach as high as 25 children per group. A member of our Education team will coordinate with you when you arrive at the Museum to split or shift groups if needed. Since multiple groups can be scheduled at each time slot, please have children wear nametags with the child’s name and organization name.
When and where do I pay for my tour?
If your tour has a balance due (minus the $50 required deposit), a member of our Education team will assist with final payment on the day of your tour at the admissions desk in the Art Connections area. Final numbers will be updated, and payment in full will be required, which can be paid by cash, check, or credit card. If chaperones need to pay individually, please advise them that a member of our Education team will let them know when and where to pay on the day of your school tour.
Does the Museum have a picnic area?
The Museum does not have picnic or lunch facilities; however, two local parks are nearby. Riverside Park is located on the corner of Margaret and Park Streets and has picnic tables and a playground. Memorial Park is on Riverside Avenue, about a half-mile south of the Museum and is on the river. Neither park has public restrooms. An amphitheater-style space is available under the Fuller Warren Bridge, located within walking distance to the north of the Museum.
Can I take my children to the Cummer Shop?
Children are welcome at the Cummer Shop, but must be accompanied by leaders or chaperones. A visit to the shop is not included in the 45-60 minutes allotted for your tour, so you will need to plan accordingly.
Can I stay in the Museum once my tour is finished?
Groups are welcome to stay in the Museum and visit any of the galleries, gardens, or Art Connections. As other groups may be in the Museum, we do ask that you please respect the spaces that are needed for those children and yield to any guided group.
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904.355.0630.