The mission of Cummer Beaches is to support the Cummer Museum and enhance the Membership experience. Cummer Beaches encourages interest and support for the artistic and cultural significance of the Museum and raises funds for the overall mission with specific focus on children's education programs. Cummer Beaches Members participate in various activities that connect them with other art and garden enthusiasts in the Beaches area.
Cummer Beaches Members enjoy activities, such as:
- Cummer Beaches Annual Gala
- An art-focused book club
- Adventures in the Arts - Cummer Beaches and the Friends of the Ponte Vedra Library Lecture Series
- Cummer Amelia and Fleet Landing partner events
- Planned tours to regional fine arts museums and related events
- Art Talks at the Beaches
- Lectures, luncheons, and Docent-led tours offered at the Cummer Museum
Enhance your Cummer Museum Membership by adding Cummer Beaches.
Cummer Beaches Member discounts are available for ticketed events.
2018-2019 BOARD MEMBERS
- Peter Karpen - President
- Becky Johnson - President Emerita
- Lois Ann Bumgarner - Vice President
- Marianne Stein - Secretary
- Edward J. Cooper, Jr. - Treasurer
- Judith Branch
- Gabriele Van Zon
- Maurice ("Tad") P. Shuman
- Patricia Winters
- Ellen Berson, Ed.D.
- Jacquelyn D. Bates
Cummer Beaches: Book Club
Beaches residents are encouraged to join Cummer Beaches and get involved with this active Book Club that explores the literary world in connection with the Museum’s exhibitions and permanent collection. For further information, please contact Tad Shuman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming book club meetings:
- Monday, January 14
- Monday, March 18
- Monday, May 20