The mission of Cummer Beaches is to increase awareness, support and membership for the Cummer Museum from the Beaches communities.
Cummer Beaches Members enjoy activities, such as:
- Cummer Beaches Annual Gala
- An art-focused book club
- Falll Lecture Series at the Beaches Museum
- Bus tours to the Cummer Museum
- Lectures, luncheons, and Docent-led tours offered at the Cummer Museum
JOIN CUMMER BEACHES
2021-2022 BOARD MEMBERS
- Peter Karpen - President Emeritus
- Edward J. Cooper, Jr. - President
- Judith Branch - Nominating Committee/Events
- Jacquelyn D. Bates - Publicity
- Ellen Berson, Ed.D. - Gala
- P. Scott Brown, Ph.D. - Art History/UNF Liaison
- Maryann Imbriani - Vice President/Membership
- Karen Rettner - Gala
- Heidi Smith - Education
- Gabriele Van Zon - Book Club
- Patricia Winters - Events
- Alexandra Stein - Secretary
- Mary Kirk - Membership
Lecture Series Sponsor: Diane DeMell Jacobsen, Ph.D.
Cummer Beaches Lory Doolittle Art Excellence Awards Underwriter: Lory Doolittle
2020 Gala Sponsors & Community Partners:
Becky and Randy Johnson, Ron and Karen Rettner, Lory Doolittle, Diane DeMell Jacobsen, Ph.D., Kiki and Peter Karpen, Judi Branch, Sally Anne and Scott Brown, Ph.D., Lois Ann Bumgarner and Danny Chu, Grune Family Foundation, Inc., Maryann and Michael Imbriani, Sandra and Richey Smith, Pat Winters, Larry Tallis, Photographer, Jacksonville University Jazz Orchestra, East Coast Transportation, Ameris Bank, Proctor Ace Hardware, Winn Dixie, The Fresh Market, Costco, Morales Construction Company, Inc., Clarity Transitions, Village Arts Framing Gallery, RE/MAX Coastal Real Estate Michele Smith Realtor, Keller Williams Realty Lisa Barton Team Realtors
Cummer Beaches: Book Club
The Cummer Beaches Art Book Club (CBABC) is meeting every other month between September and May. The next meeting will be on March 8, 2021.
All members of Cummer Beaches are welcome to participate; there is no attendance fee.
Observing CDC reccomendations during Covid-19, we meet outdoors on the patio of a CBABC member.
Currently, in preparation for garden month, we are reading and will be discussing Genius of Place: The Life of Frederick Law Olmstead by Justin Martin.
Previous discussions include Visual Intelligence by Amy E. Herman and A Summer of Hummingbirds by Christopher Benfley.
We select our readings in conjunction with current or upcoming exhibitions at the Cummer Museum.
For additional information please contact: Gabriele Van Zon at 904-608-0906 or email@example.com.