Flamboyance!: A Retro Florida Experience
March 31, 2023
6 to 9 P.M.
In the tradition of our dinner parties, we’re excited to announce this year’s new series of CURATED EXPERIENCES! Come and celebrate as you wine, dine, and engage the senses with unique entertainment and activities blended with various special exhibitions on view at the Museum.
Help us kick off the opening of Flamboyance! A Topiary Menagerie, the Museum’s first garden exhibition, featuring 50 flamingos planted with flowering begonias grown on site by our team of horticulturists. Join us at our Curated Experience for an exclusive sneak peek at Flamboyance! before it opens to the public on April 1. Don’t forget the sunblock (SPF level: fun) as you enjoy our kitschy version of retro Florida. Purchase your tickets today before they fly away!
Highlights of this fundraiser include:
- Florida-inspired bites
- Mojitos and craft cocktails
- Live music by Bold City Classics (back by popular demand)
- Flamingo stilt walkers
- A Flamboyance! inspired Museum Shop featuring merchandise for garden, home, and personal wear
- Retro lawn games
- Meet featured flamingo topiaries such as FlaminGOAT, Fioretto, Flo, Flossie, Pinkalicious, Dooe, Golden Blossom, and many others that have been named and adopted by generous members of our community—our Flockstars.
- A competitive, creative auction to become a Flockstar and name and adopt the very last flamingo
- For VIP guests: A special behind the scenes experience with Patrick MacRae, the Doolittle Family Director of Gardens and Horticulture. Capacity is limited.
*Retro Florida attire is encouraged; board shorts are not required.
The Curated Experience Series is a fundraising initiative that helps to support our mission to engage and inspire through the arts, gardens, and education.
Series Lead Sponsor
904 Happy Hour
Care Cap Plus, LLC
Suzanne and Robert Hinkley
Jacksonville Environmental Protection Board