The Ponce de León Society was founded in 1996 to appreciate and recognize our highest level donors. The Society's name was inspired by Ponce de León in Florida, a painting in the Museum's permanent collection by Thomas Moran.
Donors enjoy exclusive benefits and receive the highest level of access and service from Cummer Museum staff. A variety of social events throughout the year highlight the exhibitions, permanent collection, and gardens. Your membership support helps our team create an exciting and diverse calendar of exhibitions and programming for you and our community.
The recently passed Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) lifts the limitations on charitable contributions, allowing individuals to deduct 100 percent of their charitable donations for the remainder of 2020. Your investment in the Museum's continued ability to serve the community is critical, now more than ever.
Ponce de León Society Benefits
Director’s Circle: $10,000 and up
All benefits from Benefactor level plus:
- Personal Collection consultation with the Director or Curator
Benefactor: $5,000 to $9,999
All benefits from Patron level plus:
- Free admission for four to a garden concert of your choice
- Director- or Curator-led PDL group tour of the permanent collection and gardens
- Two complimentary reservations to an evening Distinguished Lecture
Patron: $1,250 to $4,999
- Invitations to exclusive Ponce de León Society events
- Complimentary admission for two adults and two children under 18 for one year and two guest cards
- Member discounts on all classes and events, and a 10% discount in the Cummer Shop and Café
- Reciprocal membership to more than 1,000 museums and gardens through the:
- Complimentary membership to either the Cummer Beaches or Cummer Amelia affinity group
IMPORTANT IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER UPDATE
Congress has passed some important tax provisions which positively affect charitable giving. Most notable is the retroactive reinstatement for the IRA Charitable Rollover provision.
The IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals 70½ or older to make a tax-free rollover using funds transferred directly from their IRA. This means you can donate up to $100,000 from your IRA without having to count the distribution as taxable income--and it counts towards your required minimum distribution. Since you will not be taxed on the income, no income tax deduction may be claimed. Consult your plan administrator for more details. Originally enacted into law in 2006, the Rollover has been permanently extended into the future.
Please consider a gift to the Cummer Museum as part of your annual IRA Rollover plans. If you have questions about this opportunity or would like to discuss other planned gifts to the Museum, please contact Deborah Pierson at 904.899.6028 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIFT IN HONOR OR MEMORY
Click below to make a donation in memory of or in honor of a loved one. In the comment box on the form, please enter the following:
- Whether the donation is in honor of or in memory of, along with the name of the honoree.
- Name and address of the person you would like for us to notify about your generous donation. The amount of your donation will not be revealed to the recipient in the notification letter.
NINAH CUMMER LEGACY SOCIETY
The Ninah Cummer Legacy Society honors individuals who follow in Mrs. Cummer’s footsteps and make a planned gift to the Museum. Help ensure the Museum continues to remain relevant to future generations.
When the Cummer Museum first opened its doors on November 11, 1961, the historic event was the achievement of someone who knew the importance of planned giving. In her will, Ninah Cummer established a foundation to share a renowned art collection, a riverfront lot adorned with formal gardens to build an extraordinary institution, and more.
“This Foundation is created in the full knowledge that my bequests and the endowment make only a small beginning toward a large vision, but it is created, also, in the hope that others will share this vision and by their interests and contributions will help to establish here a center of beauty and culture worthy of the community.” - Ninah M. H. Cummer
Include the Cummer Museum in your estate plans to receive tax savings and make a lasting contribution to the Museum.
The following are several examples of planned giving opportunities:
- Charitable Bequest in your will
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Donor Advised Funds
- Gift Annuities
- Gifts of Art
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan Gift
HOW TO JOIN
EMPLOYER GIFT MATCH
Many companies offer matching gifts to employee contribitions. Some companies also provide matching funds for employee volunteer hours. Please contact Deborah Pierson, email@example.com, for more information.
SUPPORT THROUGH AMAZON
Support the Museum when you shop on Amazon by logging in through Amazon Smile. Make sure to choose Deette Holden Cummer Museum Foundation under Supporting near the upper left corner of the screen.