The Cummer Gardens were severely impacted by Hurricane Irma. For more information about the extent of the damage, please visit the Garden Reconstruction Fund page. If you are interested in hosting a fundraising event, please fill out the Third-Party Fundraiser Application.
NEH MATCHING GRANT
Your generosity has been amazing once again! Your collective contributions to the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Challenge Grant in 2017 totaled $419,303 in gifts and pledges, surpassing the goal of $375,000 by $44,303. Thank you!
These contributions are building an important $2 million dedicated endowment for public programming, with your contributions matched by the NEH, extending the impact of your generosity. This endowment will allow the Museum to provide humanities-based programs and educational opportunities, for thousands of visitors of all backgrounds and abilities, for years to come.
The third year of the NEH matching grant challenge is underway. Donate now to be part of another successful year!
The Ponce de León Society was founded in 1996 to appreciate and recognize our highest level donors. The Society's name was inspired by Ponce de León in Florida, a painting in the Museum's permanent collection by Thomas Moran.
Donors enjoy exclusive benefits and receive the highest level of access and service from Cummer Museum staff. A variety of social events throughout the year highlight the exhibitions, permanent collection, and gardens.
Ponce de León Society donors support the annual fund of the Museum. We invite you to join us in support of the Museum’s mission “to engage and inspire through the arts, gardens, and education,” and to enjoy the privileges of being part of the prestigious Ponce de León Society.
Fleet Landing is proud to be the exclusive sponsor of the Ponce de León Society, underwriting its events and activities throughout the year.
Ponce de León Society Benefits
Director’s Circle: $10,000 and up
(All but $480 is tax deductible)
All benefits from Benefactor level plus:
- Personal Collection consultation with the Director or Curator
- Complimentary admission for two to the Cummer Ball
Benefactor: $5,000 to $9,999
(All but $230 is tax deductible)
All benefits from Patron level plus:
- Free admission for four to a garden concert of your choice
- Director- or Curator-led PDL group tour of the permanent collection and gardens
- Two complimentary reservations to an evening Distinguished Lecture
Patron: $1,250 to $4,999
(All but $110 is tax deductible)
- Invitations to exclusive Ponce de León Society events
- Complimentary admission for two adults and two children under 18 for one year and two guest cards
- Member discounts on all classes and events, and a 10% discount in the Cummer Shop and Café
- Reciprocal membership to more than 1,000 museums and gardens through the:
- 25% discount on gift memberships
- Listing on the Cummer Museum Donor Wall and in the Annual Report
- Complimentary membership to either the Cummer Beaches or Cummer Amelia affinity group
Your generous gift will enable the Cummer Museum to remain one of the premier cultural destinations in Northeast Florida, presenting unique exhibitions, historic gardens on a riverfront campus, and nationally-recognized programs to audiences of all ages. Your gift will support the Museum's ongoing mission to engage and inspire through the arts, gardens, and education. Gifts of all sizes from $1 to $999 are appreciated and welcomed.
Click below to make a donation to Cummer Museum Annual Fund. This is an unrestricted donation to support the Museum's ongoing mission.
Donations may also be mailed to:
Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
829 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32204
For more information about ways to donate to the Cummer Museum, please contact Advancement at 904.899.6025 or Advancement@cummermuseum.org.
SUPPORT THROUGH SHOPPING AT AMAZON
Support the Museum when you shop on Amazon by logging in through Amazon Smile. Make sure to choose Deette Holden Cummer Museum Foundation under Supporting near the upper left corner of the screen.
IMPORTANT IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER UPDATE
Congress has passed some important tax provisions which positively affect charitable giving. Most notable is the retroactive reinstatement for the IRA Charitable Rollover provision.
The IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals 70½ or older to make a tax-free rollover using funds transferred directly from their IRA. This means you can donate up to $100,000 from your IRA without having to count the distribution as taxable income--and it counts towards your required minimum distribution. Since you will not be taxed on the income, no income tax deduction may be claimed. Consult your plan administrator for more details. Originally enacted into law in 2006, the Rollover has been permanently extended into the future.
Please consider a gift to the Cummer Museum as part of your annual IRA Rollover plans. If you have questions about this opportunity or would like to discuss other planned gifts to the Museum, please contact the Advancement Department at 904.899.6025 or via email at Advancement@cummermuseum.org.
BECOME A MONTHLY DONOR
To contribute a consistent amount monthly to the Museum's mission, contact Wendy Mayle at email@example.com.
EMPLOYER GIFT MATCH
Many companies offer matching gifts to employee contribitions. Some companies also provide matching funds for employee volunteer hours. Check with your company and mail your completed match form to:
Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
829 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32204
or email it to: Advancement@cummermuseum.org or call 904.899.6025.
GIVE THE EXPERIENCE OF THE CUMMER MUSEUM
Give the gift of the Cummer Museum experience to someone in your life! There is an option perfect for everyone on your list, including donations in honor of memory of a loved one, gift memberships, a day at the Museum for two, or a legacy brick.
GIFT IN HONOR OR MEMORY
Click below to make a donation in memory of or in honor of a loved one. In the comment box on the form, please enter the following:
- Whether the donation is in honor of or in memory of, along with the name of the honoree.
- Name and address of the person you would like for us to notify about your generous donation. The amount of your donation will not be revealed to the recipient in the notification letter.
DEDICATE A BRICK
Make a lasting commitment to culture in our community by adding your name or the name of someone who has made a difference in your life to the Cummer Museum Campus. Purchase an engraved brick for the Museum gathering plaza in the green lot directly across from the Museum entrance. A brick would make the perfect gift for end-of-year giving, a holiday, or a special event. Funds from brick purchases support the Museum's ongoing mission to engage and inspire through the arts, gardens, and education.
The cost of each brick is $500 and is a tax-deductible donation.
NINAH CUMMER LEGACY SOCIETY
The Ninah Cummer Legacy Society honors individuals who follow in Mrs. Cummer’s footsteps and make a planned gift to the Museum. Help ensure the Museum continues to remain relevant to future generations.
When the Cummer Museum first opened its doors on November 11, 1961, the historic event was the achievement of someone who knew the importance of planned giving. In her will, Ninah Cummer established a foundation to share a renowned art collection, a riverfront lot adorned with formal gardens to build an extraordinary institution, and more.
“This Foundation is created in the full knowledge that my bequests and the endowment make only a small beginning toward a large vision, but it is created, also, in the hope that others will share this vision and by their interests and contributions will help to establish here a center of beauty and culture worthy of the community.” - Ninah M. H. Cummer
Include the Cummer Museum in your estate plans to receive tax savings and make a lasting contribution to the Museum.
The following are several examples of planned giving opportunities:
- Charitable Bequest in your will
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Donor Advised Funds
- Gift Annuities
- Gifts of Art
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan Gift
Members of the Ninah Cummer Legacy Society receive:
- Special updates throughout the year
- Access to the Cummer Museum staff and an opportunity to schedule a private tour of the Museum
- Recognition in the Cummer Museum’s Annual Report and on the Donor Wall
HOW TO JOIN
Join the Ninah Cummer Legacy Society by notifying the Museum that you have included the Cummer Museum in your estate plans. Contact the Advancement Department at 904.899.6025 or Advancement@cummermuseum.org.
CORPORATE SPONSORS AND FOUNDATION PARTNERS
Support from the Cummer Museum’s Corporate Sponsors and Foundation Partners helps to care for the Museum’s renowned permanent collection and historical gardens. They bring distinguished exhibitions, high-quality programs, and events to the Jacksonville community each year. Thank you to our Corporate Sponsors and Foundation Partners. Current as of January 15, 2018:
- Diane T. and Charles E. Rice Family Foundation
- Weaver Family — First Saturday Free For All + Weaver Academy
- Robert D. and Isabelle T. Davis Endowment at The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida
- The Schultz Family Endowment
- Agility Press, Inc.
- Chartrand Family Fund at The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida
- The Chartrand Foundation
- Chef's Garden Catering & Events
- Doolittle Family Foundation
- Dubow Family Foundation
- The W.W. and Eloise D. Gay Foundation
- Kustura Consulting, Inc.
- Next Generation Foundation
- Carl S. Swisher Foundation, Inc.
- The Uible-Morris Family Foundation
- Graham Williford Foundation for American Arts
$5,000 - $9,999
- Baptist Health
- Chase Private Client
- City of Jacksonville Environmental Protection Board
- CYPRESS Creative Floral Design
- Duval Motor Company
- Early Upgrade
- Mark Grandin Events
- The HEAL Foundation
- The Main Street America Group
- Miller Electric Company
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation
- Richard Skinner & Associates
- US Assure
- Wingard Creative
- Woodcock Foundation for the Appreciation of the Arts, Inc.
$1,000 - $4,999
- Beaches Woodcrafts, Inc.
- Bent Family Foundation
- Borkowski Family Foundation
- Brooks Rehabilitation
- Capital Concrete & Masonry Solutions
- Cash Building Material
- Coastal Construction Products, Inc.
- Coastal Sash & Door, Inc.
- Coordinated Benefits Group
- Gabriele Dempsey Interor Design
- DEX imaging
- Ben Dinkins Landscape Design
- Holland & Knight
- Isokern Fireplaces & Chimneys (Earthcore)
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
- KirbyCo Builders, Inc.
- Manning Building Supplies, Inc.
- McAneny Builders, LLC
- Morales Construction Company
- Olive Garden
- Papa John's
- The Rayonier Advanced Materials Foundation, Inc.
- Ray Ware Hardware, Inc.
- Regions Bank
- Sabel Foundation, Inc.
- Sunscapes Landscape Design, Inc.
- Thompson Painting & More
- VSA Florida
- Weldon Foundation, Inc.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800.435.7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR VISITING WWW.800HELPFL.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.