Summer Education Internship
The internship is a paid internship at $10 per hour. Deadline for applications is March 15.
Applicants should have educational experience in Studio Art, Art Education, Museum Education, or Environmental Education. Interns must be available to work 20 hours per week during Camp Cummer. Applicants should have experience working with children ages 6 through 14. Experience teaching or tutoring children in the visual arts is a plus. Applicants should have the ability to work independently and collaboratively, and think critically; have time management skills; be flexible; and have respect for cultural diversity.
The purpose of this internship is to provide assistance in art instruction for Camp Cummer. Responsibilities include managing elementary and middle school students, instructing art projects in the studios, and conducting activities in the Galleries and Gardens.
- Observe and assist Museum Educators with art instruction to elementary and middle school participants
- Assist with Camp Cummer studio projects
- Develop and implement gallery or garden activities
- Develop and teach a lesson plan that connects art projects to the galleries and gardens
- Assist with before- and after-care for Camp Cummer
- Supervise children grades 1 through 9
- Observe and conduct Storytelling Tours
- Assist with managing the Create kiosk
- Prepare Education Department materials for school year programs
- Other general Department administration as assigned
Interested applicants should submit the following to the Intern Supervisor:
- Cover letter expressing career goals and areas of interest
- Résumé including relevant college courses
Applications may be mailed or emailed to:
Jeanene Watters, Museum Educator
Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
829 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32204