Employment Opportunity - Events & Programs Coordinator
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens has a unique opportunity for a Full-time Events & Programs Coordinator who is outgoing, fun-seeking, professional individual that is passionate about first-rate customer service and detailed event execution. Delivering an excellent visitor experience while tackling event/program related challenges with a smile is essential.
Working with the Director of Events & Programs, this position will assist with programming, donor events, and rental events. Additionally, the Events & Programs Coordinator will be responsible for managing the adult tour program and providing department administrative support.
- Support the Museum’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect of individual, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Manage the museum’s adult tour program, to include confirming tour requests, booking docents (with the assistance of Education), and confirming lunch menus.
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of a rich array of public programs across all mission areas: art, gardens and education.
- Manage timely event and program set-ups, to include vendor arrival, load-in, and load-outs.
- Set events and programs in the Altru database.
- Record monthly attendance for grant reporting.
- Maintain museum’s program plan and details on all calendars.
- Write copy describing and promoting programs for general and specialized audiences, collateral materials, Altru, and the museum’s website, and as part of grant applications / reports.
- Process event and program reservations as needed, through the Altru database.
- Monitor event and program ticket sales in Altru, and alert Director of Events & Programs if numbers are not on target.
- Prepare check requests on a weekly basis for proper coding and obtain approval signatures for events and programs accounts. Provide information to the database manager for daily deposit processing and updating the Altru database.
- Book weekly Free Tuesday night and monthly Free Saturday night musicians and maintain department’s music log.
- Conduct venue rental tours and compile meeting notes for Director of Events & Programs, in order to follow-up on potential booking.
- Support Director of Events & Programs with Museum calendar maintenance.
- Assist in organizing and implementing other Museum related events as needed.
- Manage events & programs inventory, to include catering supplies, linens and A/V equipment.
- Participate in Museum functions
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- One to three years’ experience of comparable support role.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with diplomacy when interacting with vendors, staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Must have excellent work habits and a keen attention to detail.
- Basic problem solving skills, ability to resolve guest conflicts, be reliable, have an outgoing attitude and friendly, helpful nature.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with co-workers, volunteers, and the public in a professional manner in a variety of tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize detailed projects simultaneously and carry them through to completion.
- Ability to provide superior customer service for all constituents of the Museum.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and general audio-visual equipment (Mac laptops, projectors, sound systems).
- Willingness to work flexible hours including morning, evening, and weekends, with specific Saturdays with programming.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
Qualified applicants send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, Attn: Human Resources Department, 829 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204 or email@example.com.