Visitor Services Associate
The Museum seeks a Part-Time Visitor Services Associate – Weekend Lead to create an excellent visitor experience by providing outstanding customer service to the Cummer Museum visitor through information sharing about all aspects of the Museum.
- Support the Museum’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect of individual, commitment to our community and accountability, and ownership.
- Welcome all visitors in an engaging manner.
- Advise and direct all visitors to Museum amenities, exhibitions, programs, events, and memberships.
- Explain to all visitors proper Museum etiquette and coordinate checkroom function for large parcels.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up on visitor requests.
- Administer Visitor Complaint Management System.
- Answer main switchboard with proper etiquette and direct calls accordingly.
- Communicate in both spoken and written word with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary.
- Maintain kiosk of collateral materials available for visitors and tours.
- Maintain clean lobby area, especially front desk/register.
- Know fire, safety, and emergency policies and procedures.
- Collects accurate visitor information through point-of-sale software systems.
- Prepare daily deposits.
- Explain location duties to assigned volunteers.
- Perform Visitor Service Weekend Lead Role (Saturday and Sunday)
- Ensure proper coverage at all Visitor Service areas is maintained.
- Ensure all Visitor Services areas are ready for opening.
- Ensure lunch schedules are followed.
- Follow proper procedure if internet is down.
- Ensure volunteers are properly located to maximize customer service during peak periods.
- Serve as point of contact for Visitor Service staff between Maintenance, Security, and Café.
- Serve as point of contact for Senior Management.
- Assist in staffing of Museum Shop as needed, requiring complete training and understanding of Museum Shop responsibilities.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High school or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Basic computer competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of basic office skills, including basic math and proper cash handling procedures.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with diplomacy when interacting with public, donors, staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Ability to work independently or with others as needed.
- Ability to handle the stress of high visitor demand.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
Hours: Tuesday 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Qualified applicants send cover letter and resumé to the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, Attn: Human Resources Department, 829 Riverside Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32204 or email@example.com.