Part-Time Event Attendant
The Cummer Museum seeks a Part-Time Event Attendant to assist the Events & Programs team in executing successful events while creating an exceptional experience for all guests within the event policies and procedures.
- Support the Museum’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect for the individual, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Assist Events & Programs team with set-ups, last minute changes, and event troubleshooting.
- Welcome guests in an engaging manner as they arrive and depart.
- Respond to guest needs as necessary. Perform all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient, and professional manner while maintaining a commitment to excellence.
- Ensure all event spaces are properly maintained, clean and free of safety hazards. Maintain constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, spills, and leaks).
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and skills:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- At least one year customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with diplomacy when interacting with vendors, staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Ability to problem solve in a quick and efficient manner.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch and squat.
- Valid Florida driver license.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Qualified applicants send cover letter and resume to the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, Attn: Human Resources Department, 829 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.