Events & Programs Administrative Assistant
Supervisor: Director of Events & Programs
Status: Full-time & Non-exempt
Provide a full range of administrative, office, and meeting support activities. Will independently administer several assigned responsibilities, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Support the Museum’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect of individual, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Process all event and program reservations for the Museum, through the Altru database.
- Perform administrative support for the Events & Programs department to include telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, distributing mail, generating written correspondence, filing, mailings, faxing, contract follow-up, and payment processing.
- Prepare check requests for proper coding and obtain approval signatures for Events & Programs accounts. Provide information to the database manager for daily deposit processing and updating the Altru database.
- Conduct venue rental tours when needed.
- Support Director of Events & Programs with Museum calendar maintenance.
- Manage Events & Programs inventory, to include catering supplies, linens and A/V equipment.
- Participate in Museum functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and skills:
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, but not required.
- One to three years’ experience of comparable administrative support.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Must have excellent work habits and a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate in the written and spoken word with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with co-workers, volunteers, and the public in a professional manner in a variety of tasks.
- Basic problem-solving skills, ability to resolve guest conflicts, be reliable, have an outgoing attitude, and friendly, helpful nature.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and general audio-visual equipment (Mac laptops, projectors, sound systems).
- Valid Florida driver license.
Qualified applicants send cover letter and resume to the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, Attn: Human Resources Department, 829 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204 or email@example.com.