Art for Two Contract Instructor
Art for Two is a monthly Saturday art class for children ages 3 through 5. Students, along with their accompanying adult chaperone, will learn about art while exploring the Museum’s permanent collection, temporary exhibitions, and gardens. Then they will return to the studio to create their own art project.
Applicants should have a minimum of a BA in Studio Art or Art Education and be available to teach the second Saturday of every month from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Applicants must have experience working with children; be able to communicate art instruction clearly and effectively; have the ability to self-manage, work independently and collaboratively, problem-solve, and think critically; have effective time management skills; be flexible; and have respect for cultural diversity. Experience teaching or tutoring children in the visual arts is a plus.
Provide art instruction for the Art for Two class. Responsibilities include developing and implementing monthly 1 ½-hour lesson plans, working with children ages 3 through 5 along with their adult chaperone, and instructing art projects in the studio.
- Develop lesson plans for monthly-themed art classes for children ages 3 through 5
- Class time must include time in the galleries, gardens, and studios
- Implement lesson plans and teach art instruction to a maximum of 20 young students and their accompanying adult
- Create a sample of the art project prior to the class
- Prepare materials and studio before class sessions
- Clean materials and studio space after class sessions
Interested applicants should email the following:
- Resume and Cover letter
- Portfolio or samples of previous art instruction or lesson plans
- Three references
Art class instruction starts October 14.
Lynn Norris, Director of Education
Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
829 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, FL firstname.lastname@example.org